The history of the enterprise began in the distant 1941, at the very beginning of the Great Patriotic War, on the basis of the Kharkov Electromechanical and Leningrad Plants evacuated to the capital of Chuvashia. At that time he worked for the needs of the front, after the war the list of manufactured products expanded significantly.
On the birthday of the plant, the government of the capital of Chuvashia held a working meeting between the General Director of JSC "ChEAZ" Ilbekov Alexey Anatolyevich and the head of the Chuvash Republic Nikolaev Oleg Alekseevich.
During the event, Alexey Ilbekov spoke about the current state of affairs of the plant and presented the plan for the development of the enterprise for the near future to the Head. The General Director noted that the Cheboksary Electrical Apparatus Plant still maintains a strong position today: according to the data of the Russian energy organization Rosseti, 75% of the current relay systems of its networks and power facilities are CHEAZ products. Products manufactured at the enterprise are supplied not only to the cities of Russia and the CIS countries, but also to Vietnam and South Asia.